On September 24, 1950, fifteen men, women, and children met in a home on Hambrick Road midway between Stone Mountain and Clarkston. Their purpose was to establish an Episcopal mission to serve the area between Decatur and Covington. As the decades progressed, what became St. Michael and All Angels has both grown exponentially and become smaller with more of a “family” feel.
Sixty-six years later, we find ourselves to be a “destination church.” Our congregation of 240 souls drive from Snellville, Lithonia, Lilburn, Loganville, Tucker and Stone Mountain to worship and grow together.
During the last twenty years or so, St. Michael’s has become richly diverse. We are white and black and brown, Euro-American, Caribbean, African, Afro-American, South American, Hispanic, rich and poor, conservative and liberal, young and old, straight and gay, new to the Episcopal church and lifelong members.
We deeply value our differences which we believe are invitations to seek and serve Christ in those we might not regularly encounter.